What to wear for your senior or family pictures.
Clothing choices make a session that much better, so picking the perfect pinafore or pant suit is a detail that shouldn’t go unchecked. Here are some ideas to help harried parents determine the best duds for their darlings!
Misty Carter is a portrait artist in Williamson County, TN. Best known for her masterful use of color and light, Misty specializes in high school senior pictures, fine art children’s portraits and family portraits. Now serving Franklin, Spring Hill, Thompsons Station, Brentwood and the greater Nashville area.
Dapper darlings and cheerful children:
– soft or neutral solids
– simple styles are timeless and classic
– dresses are always a win
– shoes are optional
Tip: Bring a change of clothes in case of a spill, thrill or chill.
Avoid: Ill-fitting or too tight clothes. Comfort is key!
– stick to color palette of three to four complementary colors
– layers are flattering and a way to show personality
– keep hair simple and clean
– non-glare glasses will keep glare at bay
Tip: Match your clothing colors to your home decor where your art will be displayed.
Avoid: Everyone wearing the same outfit. Mix it up!
– layered looks are great
– variety: casual, funky, dressy, etc…
– accessories: hats, scarves, chunky bracelets
– clothes should be fitted, not baggy
– bare feet or fun shoes
Tip: For shiny, neat hair use product, like shine gel or pomade
Avoid: Huge logos that date the image or distract the eye