How to have a great portrait session with Misty Carter Photography:
Misty Carter Photography, located in Franklin, TN, specializes in children and family portraits, as well as high school senior pictures.Misty Carter Photography serves Franklin, TN | Brentwood, TN | Nolensville, TN | Nashville, TN | Thompsons Station, TN | Fairview, TN | Spring Hill, TN | Columbia, TN | Belle Meade, TN | Forest Hills, TN | Murfreesboro, TN | Williamson County, TN | Leipers Fork, TN and other surrounding areas throughout Williamson County and the greater Nashville area.
- Cool and Calm: Milestone sessions for kids are best in the morning when they’re at their happiest. Well rested and fed, a calm, fun energy should make for the perfect shoot time for kids and siblings.
- Get the Look: Decide before the shoot what look you’re going for. Where in your home will your portraits be displayed? If in a more formal room, be sure everyone’s clothing is coordinated to this look. If the room is less formal and more “family,” keep this in mind as well.
- Hair Aware: Get haircuts at least a week before the shoot. It might take a few days to grow into (or fond of) a hair cut, especially if the scissors went amiss. This buffer allows for some growth, tweaks and perfections to the hair style prior to your session.
- Can’t Buy Me Love: Build up the session to children as it really is – a time for fun and togetherness. There’s no need for bribes when the event itself is the reward!
- Chill Pill: Calm your own lens nerves. Relaxed parents have more fun, which helps kids become most comfortable for the best shots.
- Pets Allowed: If you bring your pet Sparky to the family shoot, make sure to get some brisk exercise with your pup before coming. This will allow for a (hopefully) slightly calmer canine during your shoot. Also, arrange a backup for your best friend if he just doesn’t want to participate. A trusted friend or family member that can take Sparky away when done will help the rest of the session move smoothly. **For larger four-legged friends, we are happy to schedule a session at your barn or stable.